Do you read one book at a time or can you read multiple books at once?

Hi, I am reading 9 books currently and have no issue jumping between them daily.

1 Like

Wow!! Amazing!!

I can only do ONE at a time. :slight_smile:

I try to read three books at once, but the number slowly increases. Last week, it was three books. Monday, four. Tuesday, five. Now I’m up to seven….

2 Likes

Amazing!! :slight_smile:

I don’t know how you do it. :heart_eyes:

I nearly always have two books going. I listen to an audio on my morning walk then pick up either an ebook or print book when I am in the house. Right now I have three ongoing because I’m in the War & Peace group. I read about 10 pgs per day and then move to something else.

2 Likes

Truly amazing - I don’t know how anyone does it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I usually read 2 at a time, 3 is probably the most I can do, and that usually happens when a book on hold comes in and I can’t wait to dive right in. One is usually an easier read, like a classic or cozy mystery and the other a nonfiction (so no confusing characters or plots!). :slight_smile:

That’s exactly how it was for me just went up and up. I can read 10 at the same time but I prefer 7 at the most.

1 Like

I’ve fairly recently taken to reading 2 to 4 books at a time! I agree with others who have stated that the key is to choose different genres. I consider myself a mood reader, thus I find it’s nice to be able to switch between genres and not be limited to reading just one book. For instance, right now I’m in the middle of East of Eden, but it can be heavy at times. I’m balancing that out with The Secret Garden. Earlier this year, I was reading the Iliad, Song of Achilles, and The Hacienda. By the time I wrapped up reading those 3 books concurrently, I was hooked! I also must credit the Fable app for aiding my motivation because the book clubs on there allow for asynchronous, spoiler-free chapter discussions and its people from all over the world coming together.

2 Likes

I love that you read so many at once! Heavy stuff too, East of Eden is no easy read!!

Kat

2 Likes

I can do at least two books at a time and at one point I have done 4 at once. Granted they are all different genras. I normally have an audiobook for my commute and a physical book on my bedside table that travels with me at times. I sometimes have an e-book going if I don’t have a physical copy and I have read middle grade chapter books to my boys at night as well. All in all I just love reading!!!

3 Likes