Is there a character you would befriend and why?

Is there a character you would befriend and why?

I really didn’t resonate with anyone in the book. So can’t think of anyone I’d have wanted to be a friend.

Jane - she was wise, thoughtful, and had a positive attitude. She was half Native American and African American, faced lots of opposition and persecution, but was determined to persevere. To me she was the most grounded character in the book. She offered advice that may have been hard to follow, but was truly wise and healing.

I would befriend Peter. He was kind, thoughtful, successful, and could eloquently express how he feels.

I think, Jane. While I did find it amazing that during tis time period Catherine could befriend people of different races and cultures without a lot of backlash. But on the other hand, she mostly had her friendships by letter rather than a personal one on one. Jane was wise and honest and driven. She was perhaps the best character in the book.

Yes, definitely Jane. Such an amazing person with how she told Jane from her heart. Every woman should have a friend like Jane. She was also my favorite character in the book.