What are you reading this week? And what did you think of last week’s books? (10/1/2026)

How did you like Swan Song? I ask because I have read several books about Diana. I realize this was written by her brother, but I am on the fence about reading it.

(post deleted by author)

I just finished reading The Remarkable Life of Reed Peggram by Ethelene Whitmire, A Separate Peace by John Knowles, and Deliverance by James Dickey. I saw the movie Deliverance years ago and decided to read the book now.

I am starting Blue Sisters by Coco Mellors this evening.

I have this on my TR list.

Have you read Beartown by Fredrik Blackman? My husband and I both enjoyed it. My husband really liked The River is Waiting as well.

I must admit that I watched the HBO mini-series of “Beartown” but did not read it.

Spent the last few days, walking down memory lane with Doris Kearns Goodwin and her delightful “An Unfinished Love Story.” Some of the information, I knew, however, I was not aware that her husband of 40+ years, Richard Goodwin was indeed a major speech writer for both John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson.

Currently I am about 1/2 way through of each of these books, “The Finest Hotel in Kabul” and “All the Wrong Moves.” when I realized that the discussion for BB’s “Reset” was just around the corner and I needed to pull away and read it for discussion later this month.