Thanks for the sweet response to my post @Carol_N. I sure hope you and @kim.kovacs both like The Finest Hotel in Kabul. I found it absolutely fascinating, well written and it left me wanting more info.
Finding a nonfiction book that is fact based especially about nature or science is such a treat. Example: Lab Girl by Hope Jahren or The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan. Written in layman’s terms and/or in compelling story style I find myself craving a factual book from time to time in the same way I used to crave a classroom arranged in rows instead of seats in a semicircle.
I would typically respond that history and memoirs/biographies are my favorite nonfiction genre. However, I branched out this year and have thoroughly embraced more science focused books. Ed Yong’s An Immense World is a gem and I’m so happy he’ll have another book out next Spring. I also read Temple Grandin’s Animals in Translation (on my TBR for too long) this year in anticipation of hearing her at an event. (She was wonderful in person.)